SET OF 2 BRASS FERRETTI
Brass “ferro” for fusilli and macaroni homemade fresh pasta. Length about 30 cm - Square base 5x5 mm.
The "ferretto" or "ferro" is a simple square section brass stick with very ancient origins that is used to make homemade ferretto pasta typical of the tradition of southern Italy and Calabria, also known as homemade fusilli, "Calabrian fusilli" or “macaroni”. The use of underwire to make homemade fusilli is actually widespread throughout southern Italy; here are some of the types of pasta that you can make with this tool:
- Basilicata: Lucanian macaroni, Lucanian handmade fusilli, frizzuli, "Fusidd" or Lucanian ferricelli.
- Puglia: Macaroni, Minchiareddi.
- Calabria: Calabrese homemade fusilli, Fileja, Maccheroni, Scilateddhi, Scialatielli, Fhilateri.
- Campania: Homemade Fusilli Campani, Fusilli Cilentani, Fusilli avellinesi, Fusillo Felittese, Fusilli alla Sorrentina,
- Sicily: Busiate or Busiati.
There are many recipes for homemade fusilli: try them all with a brass “ferretto”.
- It is completely recyclable.
- It is resistant over time, thanks to its resistance to corrosion.
- It is portable, light and handy.
- It is antibacterial and suitable for contact with food.